Delicious Orange Sesame Chicken Sandwiches!!!
Here is another amazing and simple recipe to try. Everyone in the family loved it and it was a wonderful alternative to the typical sandwich!!
- 1½ lb. Boneless Chicken Breasts
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. orange marmalade
- 2½ tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2½ tbsp. soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. Hot sauce
- ½ tsp.cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 small head of butter lettuce
- 3 large pocket-style pitas
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken on all sides with the salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Dot the top of the skin with the butter and place in the oven on the center rack. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the marmalade, sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl and use it to baste the chicken frequently until the meat reaches 167 degrees F — about 20 more minutes.
- Adjust oven to broil, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the chicken and broil until seeds are toasted and skin is crispy — about 1 minute.
- Remove the breasts from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Bring the basting sauce to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Cut the skin and pith from the oranges and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Remove any seeds.
- Slice the chicken and place equal amounts of it, the oranges, and lettuce leaves inside the pitas. Drizzle each sandwich with the boiled sauce.Enjoy!