Cooking With Kiddos
Chicken Parmesan Cacciatore Quinoa Bake Prepared By Colin & Ace Loftus
1 hour 10 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 green pepper
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce
- (any kind of spaghetti sauce will work!) We used Ragu
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used white whole wheat, but white or gluten-free will work, too!)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 large chicken breasts (or 6 medium chicken breasts)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Prep veggies by dicing a whole green pepper. Finely dice ½ a yellow onion (~1/2 cup).
- Place 1 cup of uncooked quinoa on the bottom of your casserole dish and then layer on veggies.
- Add 3 cups of marinara sauce, 1 cup of chicken broth, and a tablespoon of minced garlic to the casserole dish and mix everything together. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together flour, shredded parmesan, and garlic powder. Then, crack an egg into a small bowl and whisk.
- Prep chicken breast by dipping into the egg and then into the parmesan mixture making sure everything is generously coated. Place chicken breast on top of quinoa mixture
- Finally, sprinkle on the leftover parmesan mixture and even more cheese if you desire. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake at 375º, uncovered for 20 minutes. Then, cover with tin foil and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
Delicious!!! Also Ace and Dad made homemade garlic bread. Yummy.