The Loftus Kitchen
Here is an amazing week night alternative to the usual dinner selection. What a quick and delicious option this was. It was a hit with everyone, and only took 20 minutes to prepare.Enjoy!!!
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti or (your noodles of choice)
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon habanero mango sauce
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
3. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, habanero mango sauce, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
4. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Try this Delicious Avocado Shake Recipe!
If you are looking for a great smoothie shake up then look no further than this delicious frozen treat I have created. It is a great kick start to any busy day and holds enough nutrition to hold you over until lunch or your mid morning snack. This smoothie gives me a ton of energy and tastes so darn good. I am obsessed!!!
Avocado Shake Recipe from the “Loftus Kitchen”
2 ripe bananas
2 avocados mashed
1/2 cup coconut shavings or 1/2 pineapple
1/2 cup of vanilla honey Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of your local honey (this also helps with allergies and hay fever)
1 cup of frozen raspberries and blueberries
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
This serves 4 tall shake glasses. Adjust the amount for your convenience and Enjoy!.