Awesome Chicken Kabob Recipe
Here is a quick and delicious game day idea from the Loftus Kitchen. It’s something that you can actually prepare the night before.
Green, yellow, and red peppers
1/4 cup honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 pinch of salt
The night before cut and marinate chunks of chicken in mixture of honey, mustard, soy sauce, hot sauce, bbq sauce and salt.
soak kabob sticks in water
chop veggies and pineapples into chunks.
place chicken, veggies and pineapples on the wet kabob sticks.
Grill and enjoy!!
The Loftus Kitchen
Here is an amazing week night alternative to the usual dinner selection. What a quick and delicious option this was. It was a hit with everyone, and only took 20 minutes to prepare.Enjoy!!!
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti or (your noodles of choice)
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon habanero mango sauce
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
3. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, habanero mango sauce, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
4. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Amazing Grilled Pizza Recipe!
Now that summer is finally approaching, it’s time to fire up the grill and get creative!
We absolutely love everything on the grill including, chicken, fish, veggies and most importantly Pizza!!!!!
Colin is a wiz now at making specialty pizzas to order on the grill however I am going to include a recipe that I found on a great site called simplyrecipes.com for this one. Click the links below.
First For the Dough
Delicious Grilled Pizza Recipe
Colin’s version of his pizza dough will be coming in a post later in the summer!!!
On Another Note,Thank You God For Another Blessed and Exciting Year On This Earth!!!
How To Make Sweet & Sour Chicken
So glad Colin made the most amazing sweet & sour chicken dinner.
He is already a wiz with Mexican food and grilled pizzas. Now he has decided to tackle Asian cuisine, YIPPEE.
It was so good!
Loft & Learn Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe
Serves 4-6 (unless your child eats like Ace!) lol.
Note: if you like extra sauce, double the sauce ingredients – pour half over the chicken and follow the recipe instructions; pour the other half in a small saucepan and cook the sauce on the stovetop at a simmer for 8-10 minutes until it reduces and thickens. Serve it on the side of the chicken.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola, vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Just a dash of hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Place the cornstarch in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Put the chicken into the bag with the cornstarch and seal, tossing to coat the chicken.
- Whisk the eggs together in a shallow pie plate. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until very hot and rippling. Dip the cornstarch-coated chicken pieces in the egg and place them carefully in a single layer in the hot skillet.
- Cook for 20-30 seconds on each side until the crust is golden but the chicken is not all the way cooked through (this is where it’s really important to have a hot skillet/oil). Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9X13-inch baking dish and repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and pour over the chicken. Bake for one hour, turning the chicken once or twice while cooking to coat evenly with sauce. Serve over hot, steamed rice.
Amazing Mall Pretzel Recipe
A perfect little treat to make on a snowy day! I grabbed this quick and easy pretzel recipe from
This Recipe reminds me of when my Bestie Kristi and I would go to the movies at the mall in the 6th Grade. I loved pretzels, white chocolate and twizzlers and she loved popcorn.
Happy Birthday Kris!!
Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
It’s Cheat Day!! Okay here is an amazing Deep Dish Pizza recipe I found on the website Sally’s Baking Addiction. I love her recipes and found them delicious and easy to try. Here is the link to the Deep Dish Pizza Delight. http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/12/31/how-to-make-chicago-style-deep-dish-pizza/
It was sooooooooo Yummy that I had to pass the goodness along…