Awesome Chicken Kabob Recipe
Here is a quick and delicious game day idea from the Loftus Kitchen. It’s something that you can actually prepare the night before.
Green, yellow, and red peppers
1/4 cup honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 pinch of salt
The night before cut and marinate chunks of chicken in mixture of honey, mustard, soy sauce, hot sauce, bbq sauce and salt.
soak kabob sticks in water
chop veggies and pineapples into chunks.
place chicken, veggies and pineapples on the wet kabob sticks.
Grill and enjoy!!
The Loftus Kitchen
Here is an amazing week night alternative to the usual dinner selection. What a quick and delicious option this was. It was a hit with everyone, and only took 20 minutes to prepare.Enjoy!!!
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti or (your noodles of choice)
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon habanero mango sauce
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
3. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, habanero mango sauce, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
4. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Amazing Grilled Pizza Recipe!
Now that summer is finally approaching, it’s time to fire up the grill and get creative!
We absolutely love everything on the grill including, chicken, fish, veggies and most importantly Pizza!!!!!
Colin is a wiz now at making specialty pizzas to order on the grill however I am going to include a recipe that I found on a great site called simplyrecipes.com for this one. Click the links below.
First For the Dough
Delicious Grilled Pizza Recipe
Colin’s version of his pizza dough will be coming in a post later in the summer!!!
On Another Note,Thank You God For Another Blessed and Exciting Year On This Earth!!!