With St. Patrick’s Day coming up on Friday I just wanted to repost this quick and easy Shamrock Shake recipe that was originally posted 3.15.16 Enjoy!
How To Make A Yummy Shamrock Shake!!!
Here is a super simple and delicious Shamrock Shake Recipe, have as is or spice up with a little adult beverage for extra kick!!!
Loft & Learn Shamrock Shake Recipe
- 1 pint (2 cups) Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- Whipped cream and green sprinkles (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- To a blender, add the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, heavy whipping cream and green food coloring. Cover, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Awesome Chicken Kabob Recipe
Here is a quick and delicious game day idea from the Loftus Kitchen. It’s something that you can actually prepare the night before.
Green, yellow, and red peppers
1/4 cup honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 pinch of salt
The night before cut and marinate chunks of chicken in mixture of honey, mustard, soy sauce, hot sauce, bbq sauce and salt.
soak kabob sticks in water
chop veggies and pineapples into chunks.
place chicken, veggies and pineapples on the wet kabob sticks.
Grill and enjoy!!
The Loftus Kitchen
Here is an amazing week night alternative to the usual dinner selection. What a quick and delicious option this was. It was a hit with everyone, and only took 20 minutes to prepare.Enjoy!!!
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti or (your noodles of choice)
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon habanero mango sauce
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
3. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, habanero mango sauce, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
4. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Amazing Grilled Pizza Recipe!
Now that summer is finally approaching, it’s time to fire up the grill and get creative!
We absolutely love everything on the grill including, chicken, fish, veggies and most importantly Pizza!!!!!
Colin is a wiz now at making specialty pizzas to order on the grill however I am going to include a recipe that I found on a great site called simplyrecipes.com for this one. Click the links below.
First For the Dough
Delicious Grilled Pizza Recipe
Colin’s version of his pizza dough will be coming in a post later in the summer!!!
On Another Note,Thank You God For Another Blessed and Exciting Year On This Earth!!!
Just Like White Castle!!!
White Castle Slider Recipe
So Colin, being from Chicago has a craving every once in a while for something other than pizza. And it’s White Castle hamburgers. Using this recipe he made the most amazing burgers that he and the boys couldn’t get enough of.
White Castle Sliders
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 2/3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup Minced White Onions
- 8 American Cheese Slices (optional)
- 16 Hamburger Dill Pickles
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 2 pkgs Dinner Rolls (16 rolls)
- Line a 10×15 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix ground chuck, ⅔ cup beef broth and salt, pepper, and onion powder together until mixture is easily spreadable.
- Gently spread meat mixture into prepared pan and form a thin even layer.
- Using a knife, score each into 16 equal rectangles.
- Use your finger to make 5 holes in each patty.
- Place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove frozen patties on parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pour remaining beef broth (1 cup) into a baking sheet and spread minced onions over entire bottom of pan.
- Allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut all dinner rolls in half to make buns.
- Place frozen beef on top of onion mixture.
- Place in oven for 10-20 minutes to allow burgers to steam cook (until they turn brown).
- Remove and place cheese on each patty (if you are making cheese sliders).
- Top each with a bun top and return to oven for 3 minutes.
- Top each bun bottom with a dill pickle
- Use a spatula to pick up each slider half and place on bun bottom.
Happy Birthday Cheeks!!!
Try this Delicious Avocado Shake Recipe!
If you are looking for a great smoothie shake up then look no further than this delicious frozen treat I have created. It is a great kick start to any busy day and holds enough nutrition to hold you over until lunch or your mid morning snack. This smoothie gives me a ton of energy and tastes so darn good. I am obsessed!!!
Avocado Shake Recipe from the “Loftus Kitchen”
2 ripe bananas
2 avocados mashed
1/2 cup coconut shavings or 1/2 pineapple
1/2 cup of vanilla honey Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of your local honey (this also helps with allergies and hay fever)
1 cup of frozen raspberries and blueberries
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
This serves 4 tall shake glasses. Adjust the amount for your convenience and Enjoy!.
It’s Time To Make Your Own Pop tarts!!! Here is a great recipe I found,
Pop Tart Recipe
Delicious Orange Sesame Chicken Sandwiches!!!
Here is another amazing and simple recipe to try. Everyone in the family loved it and it was a wonderful alternative to the typical sandwich!!
- 1½ lb. Boneless Chicken Breasts
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. orange marmalade
- 2½ tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2½ tbsp. soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. Hot sauce
- ½ tsp.cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 small head of butter lettuce
- 3 large pocket-style pitas
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken on all sides with the salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Dot the top of the skin with the butter and place in the oven on the center rack. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the marmalade, sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl and use it to baste the chicken frequently until the meat reaches 167 degrees F — about 20 more minutes.
- Adjust oven to broil, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the chicken and broil until seeds are toasted and skin is crispy — about 1 minute.
- Remove the breasts from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Bring the basting sauce to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Cut the skin and pith from the oranges and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Remove any seeds.
- Slice the chicken and place equal amounts of it, the oranges, and lettuce leaves inside the pitas. Drizzle each sandwich with the boiled sauce.Enjoy!
Amazing Mall Pretzel Recipe
A perfect little treat to make on a snowy day! I grabbed this quick and easy pretzel recipe from All Recipes.com
This Recipe reminds me of when my Bestie Kristi and I would go to the movies at the mall in the 6th Grade. I loved pretzels, white chocolate and twizzlers and she loved popcorn.
Happy Birthday Kris!!
Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
It’s Cheat Day!! Okay here is an amazing Deep Dish Pizza recipe I found on the website Sally’s Baking Addiction. I love her recipes and found them delicious and easy to try. Here is the link to the Deep Dish Pizza Delight. http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/12/31/how-to-make-chicago-style-deep-dish-pizza/
It was sooooooooo Yummy that I had to pass the goodness along…
Great Recipe for Peanut Butter & Banana Cookies
Recently used this recipe from allrecipes.com to make these delicious cookies.
It is said that these were Elvis’ Favorite. After trying them I can see why!