With St. Patrick’s Day coming up on Friday I just wanted to repost this quick and easy Shamrock Shake recipe that was originally posted 3.15.16 Enjoy!
How To Make A Yummy Shamrock Shake!!!
Here is a super simple and delicious Shamrock Shake Recipe, have as is or spice up with a little adult beverage for extra kick!!!
Loft & Learn Shamrock Shake Recipe
- 1 pint (2 cups) Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- Whipped cream and green sprinkles (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- To a blender, add the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, heavy whipping cream and green food coloring. Cover, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Awesome Chicken Kabob Recipe
Here is a quick and delicious game day idea from the Loftus Kitchen. It’s something that you can actually prepare the night before.
Green, yellow, and red peppers
1/4 cup honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 pinch of salt
The night before cut and marinate chunks of chicken in mixture of honey, mustard, soy sauce, hot sauce, bbq sauce and salt.
soak kabob sticks in water
chop veggies and pineapples into chunks.
place chicken, veggies and pineapples on the wet kabob sticks.
Grill and enjoy!!
The Loftus Kitchen
Here is an amazing week night alternative to the usual dinner selection. What a quick and delicious option this was. It was a hit with everyone, and only took 20 minutes to prepare.Enjoy!!!
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti or (your noodles of choice)
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon habanero mango sauce
1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
3. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, habanero mango sauce, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
4. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Amazing Grilled Pizza Recipe!
Now that summer is finally approaching, it’s time to fire up the grill and get creative!
We absolutely love everything on the grill including, chicken, fish, veggies and most importantly Pizza!!!!!
Colin is a wiz now at making specialty pizzas to order on the grill however I am going to include a recipe that I found on a great site called simplyrecipes.com for this one. Click the links below.
First For the Dough
Delicious Grilled Pizza Recipe
Colin’s version of his pizza dough will be coming in a post later in the summer!!!
On Another Note,Thank You God For Another Blessed and Exciting Year On This Earth!!!
Just Like White Castle!!!
White Castle Slider Recipe
So Colin, being from Chicago has a craving every once in a while for something other than pizza. And it’s White Castle hamburgers. Using this recipe he made the most amazing burgers that he and the boys couldn’t get enough of.
White Castle Sliders
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 2/3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup Minced White Onions
- 8 American Cheese Slices (optional)
- 16 Hamburger Dill Pickles
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 2 pkgs Dinner Rolls (16 rolls)
- Line a 10×15 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix ground chuck, ⅔ cup beef broth and salt, pepper, and onion powder together until mixture is easily spreadable.
- Gently spread meat mixture into prepared pan and form a thin even layer.
- Using a knife, score each into 16 equal rectangles.
- Use your finger to make 5 holes in each patty.
- Place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove frozen patties on parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pour remaining beef broth (1 cup) into a baking sheet and spread minced onions over entire bottom of pan.
- Allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut all dinner rolls in half to make buns.
- Place frozen beef on top of onion mixture.
- Place in oven for 10-20 minutes to allow burgers to steam cook (until they turn brown).
- Remove and place cheese on each patty (if you are making cheese sliders).
- Top each with a bun top and return to oven for 3 minutes.
- Top each bun bottom with a dill pickle
- Use a spatula to pick up each slider half and place on bun bottom.
Happy Birthday Cheeks!!!